The Australasian College of Massage & Myotherapy (ACMM) delivers quality training in the field of student massage therapy - focusing specifically on remedial massage and myotherapy services.
What to expect?
1. Upon arrival you will be greeted at reception. If you are a new client you will need to arrive 5-10 minutes early to complete a client history form.
2. Your massage will either be a relaxation or remedial massage depending on the students schedule.
3. You will be allocated a student therapist on the day. As this is a student clinic, there is a requirement that students see a range of different clients and pain presentations. For this reason it is not possible to have the same student every week.
4. Your student therapist will conduct a verbal consultation to get a clear understanding of your goals, expectations, history of pain and rule out any cautions / contraindications to treatment.
5. Your student therapist will then perform a physical examination including posture, Range of movement, palpation and special testing. This information will be gathered to form a treatment plan to align with your goals and reason for visit.
6. Towards the end of the session. Your student therapist will perform a re-assessment and then instruct you through some stretches / mobility and corrective exercises to align with the treatment plan.
ACMM student clinic is run to a high standard to ensure we are producing the best Remedial massage therapists. All sessions are supervised by our experienced trainers and assessors. Students will regularly consult with supervisors to direct them in the best overall management.